What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia photos- showing off

How are sarrs on fire natural? Anyway it does look cool though :-D (although i would not do it)... but it is fun to watch someone else do it

So are you saying if i were to light a leaves of my dionea or pitchers of my sarr on fire it would encourage growth? :-))

Sarracenia 'Wilkerson's Red' F2

Side
DSCN1041.jpg

Front
DSCN1043.jpg

Other side
DSCN1044.jpg

Here are some pics of individual plants taken 5/24/08.

Psitt x Minor Okee
DSCN1676.jpg

Catesbaei Open Hood
DSCN1671.jpg

Nice S. Moorei
DSCN1668.jpg

S. Flava Coppertop
DSCN1667.jpg

Another view of S. Flava Coppertop
DSCN1666.jpg

S. Flava Rubricorpora x Moorei Big Red - Select Clone
DSCN1664.jpg

Another Clone of S. Flava Rubricorpora x Moorei Big Red just coloring up!
DSCN1665.jpg

S. Flava Ornata
DSCN1663.jpg

S. Oreophila (Biggest pitchers I have ever seen!)
DSCN1662.jpg

S. Flava Ornata "Caramel Delight"
DSCN1659.jpg

Group of S. Moorei Big Red just opened and starting to color up
DSCN1660.jpg

S. Flying Nun (Flava x Oreo) x Purp (This pic doesn't do the plant justice. The hood is HUGE and at least two or three times the size of the mouth.)
DSCN1661-1.jpg

Just a pic that I took that I really like. You can see the Sarr pitchers and flowers and also flowers of P. Caerulea.
DSCN1658-1.jpg

Looking amazing as usual Wes :D

green.jpg

Flava section in greenhouse.

harp1.jpg

harp2.jpg

Two separate S.x harperi x flava 'Burgundy' clones. Cracking colour - they stand out in the red tubes above.

brook1.jpg

brook2.jpg

brook3.jpg

brook4.jpg

Four separate S.x 'Brook's Hybrid' x flava var. ornata clones

catesbaei.jpg

S.x flava var. cuprea x purpurea ssp. purpurea forma heterophylla

catoreo.jpg

S.x catesbaei x oreophila

excellens.jpg

H75 S. leucophylla x minor var. okefenokeesis

f18.jpg

F18 S. flava var. rugelii giant

H27.jpg

H27 S.x moorei

judithoreominor.jpg

S.x 'Judith Hindle' x (oreophila x minor)

leuco.jpg

S. leucophylla Apalachicola, Florida just opening.

leucooreo.jpg

H138 S.x leucophylla x oreophila

maxhybrid.jpg

S.x (flava var. rubricorpora x leucophylla) x flava var. maxima. Copper coloured at first before turning more and more apple green.

maxima.jpg

S. flava var. maxima Shand's Bog, Virginia

mooreicuprea.jpg

S.x flava var. cuprea x moorei

oreo.jpg

S. oreophila DeKalb County, Alabama

oreofriends.jpg

Oreophila and friends. Sand Mountain clone just growing mini pitchers this year for some reason.

oreoatro.jpg

S.x oreophila Sand Mountain, Alabama x flava var. atropurpurea Blackwater, Florida

rugelii.jpg

F49 S. flava var. rugelii

seedlings.jpg

Seedlings

Alexis, Those are some amazing pics!! Very nice! Just curious, in the third pic of your last post, what is the all green Sarr close to the middle of the pic with the long hood?? I REALLY like it! Is it something like Flava x Alata?

Alexis, is this a specific kind of S. flava? Mine made a pitcher before exactly like that.

green.jpg

Alexis, Those are some amazing pics!! Very nice! Just curious, in the third pic of your last post, what is the all green Sarr close to the middle of the pic with the long hood?? I REALLY like it! Is it something like Flava x Alata?

Hi Bucky. Do you mean this pic? http://www.violetmount.com/May/oreofriends.jpg
It's an unknown hybrid with yellow flava-eque flowers. I think it's a catesbaei x flava. It grows taller pitchers later on.

lexis, is this a specific kind of S. flava? Mine made a pitcher before exactly like that.
And hi to you Mr Capensis too! That plant is a flava var. rubricorpora from Apalachicola, FL. It has a very short neck though, not like a lot of flavas.

And hi to you Mr Capensis too! That plant is a flava var. rubricorpora from Apalachicola, FL. It has a very short neck though, not like a lot of flavas.

O_O. How nice :D. It recently made a picther, but it doesn't look like the previous pitcher. The first pitcher was able to make (as in it wasn't attacked) looked like that ( of course not as big since it's suppose to be 3 years old and a little curved). But the second one hasthe same short neck, but it's green. So, this means my vendor either messed up because the tag only had S. flava or gave me any kind of flava. It's nice looking, though. Thank you Alexis

Last edited:
What kind of flava were you supposed to receive?

var. flava, var. rugelii, var. rubricorpora etc.?

What kind of flava were you supposed to receive?

var. flava, var. rugelii, var. rubricorpora etc.?

Um, I don't think it was suppose to be a perticular kind. The order was of a '5 species collection'. What's weird to me is that it just said S. flava and not S. flava rubricorpora. I guess it was supposed to be a random selection of 5 different kind of Sarracenias. ???

Alexis - VERY Nice!! hey, that one catesbaei x flava is very neat. It almost looks like a cowboy hat!! very cool! thank you for sharing!

S. oreophila x S. moorei

DSCN1111.jpg

Last edited:
Back