What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora Tequila cultivation queries

Actually, this is my only Heli. hehe Luckily, it seems to do pretty well. It slowed down during the winter here but now with more light it's putting out really nice pitchers,

Mine is grown on a "windowsill" that gets full sun for the majority of the day. Temps up to the high 70s and maybe the occasional mid 80s and down to 60's and the like. My window is always open at night so it gets a pretty big cool down and doesn't seem to mind. It normally dries out a little before getting water and the humidity levels are nothing to write home about (probably low of 40%.) The cold night temps normally cause the humidity levels to jump up, though.

REALLY? Fish Food? I never thought of feeding my heli, or any other cp fish food? Doesn't mold and/or fungus become a problem? How about detrimental effects on the plants health?

Yes, I have been using fish food for about 4 years now. No, fungus only becomes an issue if you overfeed. I err on the side of too little food until I know the plant can handle it. The plants seem to benefit by feeding. I have overfed some pitchers before so I lose them earlier than I normally would, but the next pitcher comes out just fine, if not better.

I'd LOVE to get one of these guys, but can't find online retailers :( Isn't this the only cultivar?

There seems to be 5 varieties of 'Tequilla'. Haven't seen em available since they were first released for sale, but I'm sure more will be around as people propegate em..

There seems to be 5 varieties of 'Tequilla'. Haven't seen em available since they were first released for sale, but I'm sure more will be around as people propegate em..

please elaborate :)

Av

Back