What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. Pulchella

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
Just messing around with my camera.

dsc00396xr5.jpg

Neat closeup.

hpulchella1tb8.jpg

Best I could do at night under lights, plus a flash.
I will try again on a sunny day.

oh my that is nice, especially that second one...

:hail:
Av

It's taken a long long time, but it's finally starting to put out better pitchers.
JMatt

Awesome!

Looks great!

Wow. How long have you had that? It looks over 4 times as large as mine, and mine is like a year old. Good job!

Really nice Plant! The close-up's totally Awesome!!!:-O

Wow! I like that silvery look it's got from the reflection on the hairs. That's so cool.

I'm not sure exactly how long I've had this plant? Probably 2 + years.
I have also started eight other cuttings from this clump. Only three or four of the cuttings had roots when I took them but they all survived. I'm really starting to like Heliamphoras!
JMatt

ahhh if one of these cuttings need a foster home :beer:

(yes, cheesey... but I couldn't resist)

Av

Hey JMatt, how do you take/start your cuttings? I've accidentally separated a few juvenile pitchers from my H. minor, and I'd like to see if they'll grow...

I just potted them up in the mix that the adult plant is growing in, Long fiber sphagnum moss, perlite, and some Cyprus wood chips. I kept them moist and very humid in a cool tank under lights. No real special care, just keep it bright, humid and cool.
JMatt

Thanks for the reply, that's been my method so far. I just haven't seen any growth yet, and it's been almost two months. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. The oddest thing is that the oldest snapped pitcher has turned neon red. Good growing!

Back