What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Leaf Pulling

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
OK, so my plant has two developing pitchers and one developing (I think) non carnivorous leaf (due to my insane fluctuations in hours of lighting), how do I know when the non carnivorous leaf is fully grown so I can pull it and (hopefully) get another plant?

Thanks!

~NeciFiX

When it stops growing ?
Hard to tell, the leaves on my Ceph normally get about 1.5cm big at max, that's about half an inch.
Just be patient and you'll see it when the leave stops growing.

If you only have 3 leaves (two carnivorous, 1 not) I'd let it be for awhile.

Those are the ones developing, it has 8 in total, it had 15, but the tiny miniscule ones died off due to shipping stress. My Cephalotus got the least amount of disturbance, and is already growing again! My Heliamphora I think died though. It is H. minor var. brown f. very brown.

The plant is a baby I believe, only 2 or 3 years old. Do non carnivorous leaves form faster than carnivorous ones?

I could take off one of the smallest traps that lived the major die off and leave the non carnivorous one on for extra photosynthesis or whatever.

Do non carnivorous leaves form faster than carnivorous ones?

I would think so since they are far less complicated then carnivorous leaves.

xvart.

My noncarnivorous cutting died when I went on a trip. They overwatered it. :(

I would basically wait until it has stopped growing and place, like a chip dip, in swampy live LFS.

Back