What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orange flowered leuco

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
Some one intrigued me with the possibility of an orange flowered leuco. I cannot find a picture of these anywhere. Has anyone seen one of these and/or maybe know where I can see a picture of one/ I have checked the photofinder.....gawd there are a lot of leuco pics there....

I don't know about an orange flowered form just the typical red and the yellow flowered forms. Perhaps an infra hybrid would yield an orange flower. Or, more likely, you have a high leuco influenced moorei

There's a yellow flowered leucophylla. There's probably some moorei or, most likely, alata hybrids that have the appearance of leucophylla but intergrade flowers out there.

I agree with Pyro and Alexis. It could be a yellow flowered leuco crossed w/ a red flowered one or a very leuco-esque moorei.

Here is one...

100_0718.jpg

Last edited:
THose petals look red to me... The sepals have an orange tint but that is normal for the species. Plus, it looks like the lower flower is coming from a plant that does not show the pitchers so it may not be a leuco plant. THe plant on the upper part of the pic goes with the dark red bloom on the upper corner (follow the stalk down.)

Back