What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short Petiole Ceph

Wanted to post some photos of my red cephs. They seem to have very short petioles compared to the regular photos of cephs I've seen. Wonder what they'll look like during maturity. But alas, I think that's easily 2 years away.

Wish my mature ceph were half way as healthy as these fellows. Shucks I think I might have lost my mature dood.

I think that's typical of most young Cephs. I have a very young Hummer's Giant (from a leaf cutting) and it's petioles are short just like yours. I've also had several other young Cephs that exibit the same growing pattern.

I think that's typical of most young Cephs. I have a very young Hummer's Giant (from a leaf cutting) and it's petioles are short just like yours. I've also had several other young Cephs that exibit the same growing pattern.

It's actually very unusual but I do have got both types growing side-by-side with the long petiole and the short petiole. I'm not sure if it's just dependent upon the plant, but I'm quite sure that half of them with the long petiole's are roughly the same age as the one with the short petiole's.

Back