What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Washington Sarrs

rockstarcobain

Sarracenia in another life....
This question is for anyone in Western Washington or Western Oregon. How far along are your Sarrs? I personally have a few pitchers wanting to open, with a few flower buds, but in the middle of May, no open pitchers or flowers. Are my plants set back? At first I thought no, that they would catch up, but so far, they just keep getting taller and the buds keep getting bigger, but no pretty Sarr pitchers. Anyway, I was just wondering. Seedjar? How's you're plants?

The first (and only) pitcher to open for me has been on my third-year oreophila seedling. I have some neighbors down the street with an S. alata in their back yard, and it seemed to start opening about three or four weeks ago, but their yard gets much more light than mine. I'd say most of my plants are a week away from their first pitchers, give or take a few days.
~Joe

ok, sweet, so are mine. I just wanted to make sure it was our climate, and not my wrongdoing, that was causing my plants to have such a slow start.

Back