What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you think my ceph is doing?

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

Here is my ceph. I got it in april. A few of the leaves have yellowed and been cut off. A couple of pitchers have died in just this ~3 month life span as well. The interesting thing is the latest pitcher was forming since a month ago. As u can see...its growing and growing. Its now like a inch or more. :p But, I don't see any new growth in the center. :( :

when I got it: (the big 1.5 inch pitcher is from a cutting that rooted).

ceph1rs8.jpg

NEXT

Picture on APRIL END

img2214at8kj9.jpg

Picture in may

lovecephsl0.jpg

PICTURE : A couple of weeks ago

cephtu0.jpg

AND NOW:

ceph.jpg

the growth will come. mine starts out as the tiniest nub! looks good though. im still waiting for my first adult pitcher...
Alex

aren't ceph pitchers supposed to last REALLY long though?

thanks,

vraev

about...2-3 inches?

huh? I don't think this one is a giant. Its a typical ceph. I meant how long i.e., how many months would ceph pitchers last? A couple of mine were just 2 months old when they yellowed. :(

I would take a few winter leaf cuttings and attempt to sprout them in a different pot, just in case.

ohhhh i didnt see the "last" part. i dont know...my oldest one is still on there... about 4-5 months old

man! I a real scary cat with the ceph and even my other plants. I guess I just have some confidence with my VFT's. I can never make a cutting of this, unless it grows into liek a big heap of pitchers that overflows this 3 inch pot. :p

I see nothing wrong with your ceph. Just continue as you're doing. Cephs are slow. Although having said that, I have some nepenthes lowland that only grew 2 leaves in 6 months....

It seems to be growing fine...but the only issue is the pitchers are dying out prematurely....like after a month or 2 max. However, as glider here says it lasts for 4 months or more. I also read somewhere that they can last like a year.

Sorry, but, is it just me or is there a Venus Flytrap that is faded in the bottom left corner of the first pic?

lol...it is: :p

i made myself a logo for pictures:

447917473_c7917a3b85.jpg

just for fun :p

Haha you tattooed the pitcher, thats pretty awsome.

lol! no...thats photoshop. :p

Shop Name: Nepenthes Tattoo Parlor
Owner: vraev
Description: We tattoo all of your rare and exotic Nepenthes with your logo!

lol! nice one....when they go home they realise it was just a hologram :p

Back