What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Tarnoks?

Why is it that any nursery that sells leucophyllas only sells the "tarnok" variety? I know that these are all mass produced and distributed for reselling, but why this particular variety? It isn't like anybody that buys them on a whim will be able to keep them alive long enough to see their flowers. Any ideas?

I tend to see the same ol' specimens everywhere that has CPs and I just got to wondering why these varieties.

Why is it that any nursery that sells leucophyllas only sells the "tarnok" variety? I know that these are all mass produced and distributed for reselling, but why this particular variety? ... I tend to see the same ol' specimens everywhere that has CPs and I just got to wondering why these varieties.

You answered your own question. These are the ones that are mass produced via TC and therefore distributed. And once you have one form in culture why go to the effort of introducing other forms of the same species? Especially if they are not as "novel".

I bought my first 'tarnok' at the ABG for $5. Oh yeah.

Tarnok has sweet red veins. ;) Many find this more attractive, so why not?

Back