What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wacky Ceph

glider14

Always a newbie
got this ceph from Clint back in February(i think...) and it was growing 100% normal....until July that is :)
First: the main point stopped growing after 3 mature pitchers and it disappeared.
Second: from the bottom(and in reaction from the grow point disappearing), an explosion of offshoots. and they didnt even go to immature pitchers. straight to immature sized, adult pitchers. teeth and all!
Third: the main tip started to grow again
and Finally:....this
DSC00261.jpg

whats going on with the kooky plant!? ahha!
thanks for looking!
Alex

glider,

How are you growing this ceph? i just got one (thanks firerock!!) and would be curious to as how you grow it.

good looking ceph, by the way! i think that division is normal-most of the energy goes to the offshoots for a time, and then back into the main point.

growing on my grow shelf. ~160watts of fluorescent tubes. room temps with a 10* drop at night. soil mix- peat and sand. i dont have an exact ratio... but you can see what it looks like in the pic

Alex

apparently its normal that the plant can suddenly just go dormant and then wake up with a blast of growth suddenly. I am noticing such growth in mine as well.

However, u seem to have a WHITE ceph there. lol! that pitcher is wierd. :p kinda cool to see how it turns out. :)

I grow my Cephalotus in a windowsill in room humidity... it fluctuates at night though sometimes, they get a decent temp drop.

Very nice! My Cephalotus did this too. It had immature pitchers and then made a mature one like 10x the size of the biggest immature one!

yep! a white pitcher! goes all the way up the "tendril" thing too. there is so much growth i cant tell where its coming from!
Alex

Glider - Cool Ceph!

the white pitcher is totally cool. Perhaps because it is preparing for haloween??

:-D

Back