What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora keiki?

My H. neblinae is doing an odd thing - I've never seen any pictures of this kind of growth. Is it pupping/keiki-ing?

1418574384_ea70bd85d1.jpg

1417688937_4c244ba176.jpg

--
John
http://www.hawkdog.net

Helies actually do that rather frequently. Making a pitcher instead of a scale. I have seen it numerous time in the ABG collection

That is a flower stalk with a pitcher developing on it. It happens often when my heli's flower. I have one flower stalk now that ripped right through a developing pitcher.

Way cool - flowers! Will the pitchers on the stalk last or will they die off when the flowers fall?

I have had pitchers develop on the stalks and they lived for longer than I expected, but I don't remember how long.

Are you planning to bring your plant to the NECPS show in RI?

that is a superbly grown plant BTW!

excellent! the new growth on the stalk looks like a pitcher too!

but yeah, they do that somewhat alot!

Dave S. - I'm not going to be able to make it to Providence - I'm tied up with some other things that weekend. Hopefully next year (and maybe my helis will be bigger).

Too bad, that is very nice looking heli to have on display. At least you are close enough to make the drive next year. I live near the MA/NH border.

Back