What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Call to Action...Need Help!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everybody!

The NASC Board is seeking people who are willing to do some volunteer work for us. Specifically, we are looking for help for our Head Grower, Mike Howlett.

Mike has grown out thousands of location seedlings. In addition to managing all these NASC seedlings (that will be heading out to our regional growers), Mike has a full-time job and a couple of personal side businesses to boot. In other words, he's up to his...well...you know what...in alligators. Managing this many plants alone is tough.

We are trying to find someone in the Houston, TX area that would be willing to volunteer to donate some time to help Mike. The work might involve upsizing seedling pots, making labels, packing plants--anything that will help Mike to care and move out the plants we have. He's had some volunteer help but not really enough.

I believe Mike said the area is near "Intercontinental Airways". ??? I don't know Houston, so if that sounds right, that's what he's near. :)

You do not have to be a NASC member to help but of course we welcome anyone into the fold!!

What we DO need are people who want NASC to be successful at their mission and are willing to put words into Action! SO...if you are in or near Houston or you know of anyone who is in that area and might be able to help Mike, please let us know! We need willing hands to get this done.

You can reach Mike at HoustonHerp@aol.com or you can email me at PlantAKiss@aol.com or PM me here. OR...contact any Board member. The NASC web site is www.NASarracenia.org .

Thank you for the support!

Suzanne/PAK, NASC President

For those who are willing and able to help, this is a valid request. The greenhouse growout facility is located near Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) on the north side of Houston. Contact me if you can help or if you have any questions. You most certainly don't need to be a Sarracenia expert to help; I'll be happy to teach you all you need to know...and then some! :woot:

Hope to hear from you!

How funny. I'm a former resident of Houston, NW Harris County. My dad's the one who initially got me interested in the hobby of CP raising. I'll forward this to him and see if he's interested.

That is cool! That would be great if he'd like to help. :)

I look forward to hearing from your dad!

Good growing,

Mike

let me blow the dust off the thread real quick. I currently live in Houston and would love to help out where/when I can. I have a pretty open schedule as I work for myself and who can overlook the free CP school'in and a chance to see various types of CPs?

Let me know where I can find more information regarding this.

Thanks,
~b

xvart,
i did and even joined! someone mentioned that mike howlett is the head grower for nasc? i really need to swing by, his shops on the other side of town.

~b

Back