What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only a Few Left --- But, whatever, Photos!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
I only have a few CPs left that didn't die in the car crash, aren't at Eds, or didn't die in the cold, here they are. One of them is my precious Cephalotus which I ALMOST brought to Ed's but luckily didn't (probably would've died in the crash if I brought it along)

Stylidium

2007121484978tk1.jpg

Stylidium can handle down to more than 10F temps and low light, hardy little buggers! Especially this lot. No flowers ATM.

Nepenthes

2007121485100qd9.jpg

Hood died off randomly lol.

Cephalotus

2007121485549av6.jpg

2007121485315ja4.jpg

I also have a few Pings left and a D. dichotoma 'giant' that died back completely but has a few sprouts coming back. The Pings have changed leaf type to succulent.

Funny to think in a little more than 2 weeks I'll have been growing CPs for a whole year! Seems like I started last week. :scratch: In the middle-end of Feb. (I'm thinking Feb. 17th) it'll be a year since I had this Cephalotus.

Nice photos.

Funny to think in a little more than 2 weeks I'll have been growing CPs for a whole year! Seems like I started last week. In the middle-end of Feb. (I'm thinking Feb. 17th) it'll be a year since I had this Cephalotus.

Well with the number of plants you seem to have killed it does seem like you started last week!

You need to buck your ideas up next year! :-O

i remember when you first joined "other" forums...and all your newby questions...and our first trade...AWWWWW....

:cry: they grow up so fast!

i hope your collection rebounds as quickly as it grew!

Nice photos.

Well with the number of plants you seem to have killed it does seem like you started last week!

You need to buck your ideas up next year! :-O

Way too make me feel bad! Not my fault a car crash killed many of them... don't blame it on me! Only 3 or so died from the cold. More died in the crash. My favorites lived though haha.

Thanks obregon :).

A car crash killed your plants? Did the car catch fire? Was it completely flattened? Surely if the plants were killed no person would have survived.

well, if they got flattend, or were in the trunk and it got hit...as i remember, NF was in a minicooper ta-boot...

As long as the rhizomes/bulbs etc. were ok, they should have survived I would have thought?

See Sam's post on the accident here.

Many of the plants were thrown from the car and laid scattered about the frozen roadway or soaking in fluids leaking from the car. The plants were probably like that for hours or swept up by a cleaning crew while Sam and his mother were in the hospital.

Thank you NaN, the shock knocked many out of their pots and yes the car almost caught fire due to all the fluid and smoke but luckily this was not the case, some were buried under seats and the like, some in the road, some over the side of the hill, but, I had to go to the hospital so they wouldn't let me get them all, your post seemed rather, rude and disrespectful, mannyherrera, try not to say such things please, not that the post itself was rude but the way you asked the question.

Also the cold sort of killed some, the reason I had them in the car in the first place was to bring them to Ed's house (my friend) for dormancy in his greenhouse because it was overly cold out, they had to stay out for another week and some got frostburnt, so to speak.

My Cephalotus is still doing great, and, redder than ever! It may be less bright out but the sunlight reflecting off the snow on the roof of my house is making it a lot brighter in the windowsill, the Cephalotus seems to be liking it! Temps are cooler though, but, it's probably high 50's, low 60's in the windowsill due to the cold from outside and warmth inside, the intermission in between.

Way to show support ! What's the deal with that rudeness and ego?? Its sad enough that Neci had to suffer an accident and loose his hard grown plants.

Don't bother NeciFiX. Accidents happen. :( Don't worry.... you will build up your collection back in no time mate. Your ceph looks great BTW. As you said, its probably the ALBEDO effect working in your favor dude.

Thanks vraev, more photos, I got a few cool ones whilst I was testing out something on my camera.

2007123007759cr4.jpg

2007123007853cd5.jpg

A bouquet.

2007123008020nh1.jpg

Lazy pitcher.

I don't know why I'm so astounded of this plant. It looks nice as I've been told but nothing special, maybe because I've grown and cared for it so long, hmm. I remember when I got it, it barely had half inch pitchers, now, some are 1.5 to 2 inches big =).

very nice mate. :) I totally agree.....its an irresistible plant. Very unique. :)

Back