Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: S. oreophila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it took some time, but it looks like my inquiry finally got through.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding endangered plants. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife
    Service's mission is working with others to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife,
    and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.

The Endangered Species Act (ESA), 16 United States Code, Section 1538, prohibits the
    sale of endangered and threatened species in interstate or foreign commerce. Regulations
    found at 50 CFR Part 17.61 and 17.71 detail the prohibitions on the interstate commerce in
    endangered and threatened plants (respectively). Those prohibitions apply only to plants
    delivered, received, carried, transported or shipped in interstate or foreign commerce and
    in the course of a commercial activity. Thus, merely paying the shipping costs would not
    be illegal as it does not rise to the level of a commercial activity. Further, under
    17.71, seeds of cultivated specimens of species treated as threatened shall be exempt
    from the prohibitions relating to plants, provided that a statement that the seeds are of
    "cultivated origin" accompanies the seeds or their container during the course of any
    activity otherwise subject to these regulations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one.

Still seems a bit of a silly rule. In theory you could ship S.x oreophila x (oreophila x flava) all over the place, even though it would be almost pure oreophila and look just like one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got orephilia but right now it is boring but later I hope it looks good right now it is sleeping in a shed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winter has been a season of yawns for me as well. After a nice Sarr haircut (by both my scissors and the hungry deer) you can hardly see anything at all except a few browning stubs of once glorious pitchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, might as well post an update to this dusty ol' thread. My oreophila came out of
    dormancy rather nicely. One of the pitchers' tops didn't manage to fully deploy, but it still
    managed to catch bugs. A rather nice sized pitcher recently poked its way up, as seen in the
    pics. What you can't see, however, is the HOLE that some low down yellow bellied
    %*$&#$&&%$&#* caterpillar decided to chew in it while it was still developing. I was almost
    in tears when I saw my nice new pitcher so defiled. It's still catching flies though.

S. oreophila

S. oreophila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plant! Love the VFT Jungle behind it. I got a free oreophila [shipping and everything! as well as extras] from Nepenthesmatt as a gift. I got it a few weeks ago and it just started putting up replacement pitchers. I'm very excited!
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine looks exactly like yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567