What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus follicularis 'Coconut Tree'

Cindy

Staff member
First, you buy a large Ceph. Then you stupidly break off one of the offshoots. But because the species is so hard to come by, you pot up the offshoot and not throw it away.

Three months later... :banana2:
cephstump3mth.jpg

cephstump3mth1.jpg

Shhhhh. Do not tell everyone that it is that easy to propagate cephs by rhizome division! LOL

I have broken off small pieces of the rhizome when repotting plants that have no roots, pitchers, or leaves and they have all struck for me.
One of these time I may be very brave and total destroy a plant to see how many new plants I can get.

Shhhhh. Do not tell everyone that it is that easy to propagate cephs by rhizome division! LOL

I have broken off small pieces of the rhizome when repotting plants that have no roots, pitchers, or leaves and they have all struck for me.
One of these time I may be very brave and total destroy a plant to see how many new plants I can get.

I did that to the plant you gave me and quicky put the severed shoot in the swampy tray of live LFS. It grew just fine until the hanging basket crashed into it!

I see lots of "winter leaves" in there, so start some new plants!

That's cool. It will be even better when the pitchers get bigger!

xvart.

Hey - I got a few like that from Australia that did the same thing.

Haha, nuts!

Back