What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. minor cutting question

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
I recieved some H. minor today (THANKS!). Unfortunantly (maybe not), a few of the small, immature pitchers broke off the ryzome in shipping. Can they be rooted? If there is a chance, please give me instructions.
Thanks.
Tom

Did they break off in a cluster of pitchers, all meeting to a point? I have not been able to root single pitchers, but I have kept them green awhile.

Regardless, I would treat them like a cutting; high humidity, cool temps, medium to bright light and wrap the base in live long-fiber sphagnum moss (LFS). I would keep the moss damp and not wet, because you want the cutting to seek water by putting out roots.

Three were single pitchers, 2 more were multi pitchered. Should Rootone be used?

I've had varying success with getting single-pitchers to root.
Rootone probably wouldn't hurt.

In general when I break something off on accident, I just stick it back in the pure peat that the parent (or, uh, clone-source) is growing. Normally this provides some shade for the "cutting." If you've got rhizome, there's a chance!

Back