What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Family member :D my baby ceph

Sir K, sounds to me like it will work well. Pleanty of ventalation. But then, I'm a rooky at growing them too.

Mobile, sorry if that post came off sounding argumentitive. Obviously, they can be grown in a terrarium, with proper ventilation, as your own pictures show.
Nice looking Cephs....both of you!!!

my terrarium has an opened front unless i pull the cover i made over it to build up humidity.
but even then a good 3 inches are left uncovered at the bottom.

I grow my cephs in a terrarium - but a LARGE terrarium so its more like a mini greenhouse. Its a 50 gallon tank, grow light is on top of the tank, and its only halfway covered, there is plenty of ventilation...
as long as there is plenty of ventilation, they should be fine.

I vote for terrarium. I have 2 cephs, one growing outdoors (though growing by a window now that it's winter) and one that grows in a terrarium. The outdoors one looks awful, the terrarium grown one is healthy and red. During the summer, it can get over 95 degrees in the terrarium, but it doesn't seem to care. None of my plants in the terrarium seem to care about extreme heat.

thanks for the info larry.
right now, my terrarium gets about 70ºF because its winter and we dont run the heater, only a pellet stove to save money xD
but come summer, it always gets raging hot in here.

My 2 cents, i tried growing 3 different clones indoors under lights in a terrarium. All 3 grew great for a few months, then declined rapidly to the point of total die back. I put them outside in a covered area and they have all recovered from the roots.
I suspect that it was the high humidity and the heat of Summer that did them in. I would be careful once it gets hot.
Peter.

well as of this morning i moved them under stronger lighting.
2 26w CFLs in our aero garden.
only not using the aero part lol.
compared my terrariums lighting which is 2 20w 24" daylight strip tubes.

I've been trying to get one for months, where did you get yours?

Coolness ( I love cephs)

I second his post^^^ were did you get it?

EDIT: What soil mix do you guys use?

Last edited:
Back