What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disa Orchid Flow Table. Looks good for Darlingtonia and others!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
One day I'm totally going to make one of these. Maybe then I can grow Darlingtonia successfully for once. Some people can pull it off in hot weather, but not I, monsieur, not I!

http://merklesorchids.com/Orchidpages/disa.html

I guess it would be great for Disa if you're into that. Darlingtonia trumps Disa IMO. I think this would also be good for other species. D. regia maybe.

Still puzzled why people struggle with Darlingtonia!

Mine's fine in a baking greenhouse, as long as it has its feet in water. The water gets pretty warm in the sun, and it's stagnant not flowing, yet it loves it!

Mind you, I understand there are two types that have probably been disseminated in cultivation - a coastal variant and another from higher up inland.

If you struggle with Darlingtonia, it's probably worth getting hold of 2 or 3 individuals and seeing if one of them can take the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say move your greenhouse 20 degrees latitude south, to some place with a subtropical climate similar Atlanta, GA - northern India perhaps, and see how they grow in a warmer climate than Manchester.

They are in a greenhouse which reaches 40C / 104F.

THAT IS FRIQIN AWESOME!

helis too. a few neps possibly?
Alex

You should see the cool growing vivarium some one made with a freezer for cool growing plants. He made it with plexi. Uses a freezer to keep it cool.

I have seen this a long time ago. He does sure grow some nice Disa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back