What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia pot size recommendations

I bought a cobra plant from Lowe's a couple of years ago and it has been doing great. I went to repot it yesterday, and when I pulled the root ball out of its 6" pot, I noticed the roots and runners had taken up the entire pot space! They had taken several laps around the bottom of the pot and looked like they could use more space, but would these plants prefer a larger (say 8") pot or do they prefer to be pot-bound? The plant hasn't produced any plantlets at the surface, but there were several pink, flower-like structures in the soil that I assume could become plantlets in the future.

The bigger the vessel the better.

The stolons will wind around several times before forming new plants. Indeed the bigger is better but they still like to wind around several times regardless. Bigger pots dry out slower and take longer to heat up.

Back