What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

noooooo ><

upper

Capensis Killer
i just finished stratifying my leucophylla and darlingtonia, i got it out my fridge to pot it, and i tripped on the carpet, almost hit my head but i got my hand out to protect my head... BUT the darlingtonia and leucophylla's seed packet thing went flying out. good news is that the darlingtonia's packet was moist enough to stay together, but the leucophylla went flying on the carpet and opened up.... so far i only found 2 seeds that was stuck to the packet.... or what i think is the seed..... i guess i got bad luck... at least i still got the darlingtonia :D

::smacks head:: Well let us know how the ones in the carpet turn out.

I'll send you some left overs that I have shortly.

Nate

Well, if you carpet is nutrient free you can spray it with water and hope for the best. :-))

xvart.

we vacuum it every week... i dont know which setion its in, and no way in hell i'm going to spray my carpet with water for 2 month and try to get my seeds to germinate on... carpet..... and there would be insufficient lighting anyways.

we vacuum it every week... i dont know which setion its in, and no way in hell i'm going to spray my carpet with water for 2 month and try to get my seeds to germinate on... carpet..... and there would be insufficient lighting anyways.

Not to mention no room for long term root growth.

xvart.

::smacks head again::

I'm going to have bruises soon.

Put some lights over the carpet and get them seeds a-growin'!!

:p

Hey... just keep that area of the carpet moist, covered, and put a light over it! Keep us posted in a few weeks.

or cut up the area of carpet, move a piece of furniture over the hole, and relocate it to your grow area. You may have inadvertently stumbled on a new growing media that can lead to the saving of millions of tons of peat every year.

switch to a fresh vacuum bag and run it over the area then go rooting around in the bag? You may find a couple.

If you have a Dustbuster (small hand held vacuum), you could use that to try and rescue them out of the carpet.

ROFL!!! :-)) (hope I didn't crush any seedlings)

Back