What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purp growth reversion to immature pitchers?

joossa

Aklys
I have a question regarding my young purp. When I received it, the purp was producing young, immature seedling-type pitchers (it was about 2 years old).
As the growing season got underway, it finally began to produce mature-looking pitchers, although they were obviously small. The mature pitchers kept coming all season long. Once fall was over and right before dormancy began the plant had one last pitcher coming up. As dormancy began, the pitcher finally grew and opened, but it was an immature (seedling) pitcher. No more pitchers have been produced thereafter.

The plant is barely coming out of dormancy now and has been repotted and inspected for pests (which it had none of). Is this reversion back to the immature pitcher normal for a young sarr? Can the cold temperatures cause this to happen?

Thanks.
-Joel

joel
It's normal for my Sarracenia's and I suspect for everyones plants. Probably due to a shorter photo period.

Thanks for the reply Jack.

Back