What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 gallon hex setup

still waiting to add the media, but for now just using upside down plastic bowl :)

(temp is at night)
DSC01060.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

I hope this guy somehow grows back from it's roots, had it on windowsill with plastic cup for a little over 8 hours and it was fried.
DSC01058.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

hmm....that guy looks pretty withered away. But yeah....no harm in expecting the miracle return. Good luck!

That is one rough looking little Ceph. :(

I suggest that some serious prayer is in order there, Siccmade.

Hey, it couldn't hurt. :)

The tank looks pretty good :). I'm fairly certain that Ceph is a goner, but I should be able to get you another shortly. I'm not sure how big it will be though, because the extra clump that I'm willing to divide up is not that large. Either way though, with time, your tank should be looking as nice as Jack's wonderful setup. Good luck :).

Looking at the bottom of the clear cup the roots still look pretty good, but maybe those are the last to go when the plant is dead lol

It can happen....it did for me. I'd give it at least a month. Mine took 2-3 weeks after I thought it was a goner.

Phoenix.JPG

It depends on the size of the rhizome underneath that bunch of dried pitchers. The thicker the rhizome, the better its chances to regenerate. Keep it moist and not wet though, otherwise the rhizome will rot. All the best!

siccmade, be careful, very careful when cleaning the plastic sides, they scratch very easily. P.S I like the terrarium if I do say so my self :-))

Back