What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just some ceph pics

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here is a Typical that I have.

typceph.jpg

typceph1.jpg

And some "Hummer's Giants" starting to put out mature pitchers.

hgcepg.jpg

Holy smokes, batman.

EEEE-GAADS!!!! Nice pics!! NICE PLANTS!

As always great pictures and (if possible) even better plants!

BTW What conditions are you growing them in? (especially humidity)
Thanks,

-Josh

Zomg, Those are the best looking cephs I've seen! *Comes and steals them* :p

Just? JUST?! lol. Great growing, elgecko. Your typical really has some excellent coloration. How long since you started those pullings?

xvart.

Wow those are doing GREAT!!! What are the growing conditions in that thing? Could yuo maybe send some pics of what they grow in?

very nice......wish mine would look like that........heres what mine is doing:
cephs.jpg

the green ones are well over a year old, the maroon ones are prolly 5 or 6 months out of TC

I'd love to have his camera!

totally agree jimscott. :) Great pics and plants elgecko! :D

Thanks for the comments on the plants.

As always great pictures and (if possible) even better plants!

BTW What conditions are you growing them in? (especially humidity)
Thanks,

-Josh
What is humidity? I think that is an urban legend for CP's.

I grow most my cephs in a 10 gallon tank with a 40 watt compact fluorescent light on top. The tank has about a 3" wide opening the length of the tank.

ceph-tank1.jpg

Here is the tank with the light slide back to look inside better.

ceph-tank-top.jpg

This one grows on the kitchen table.

cephtable.jpg

Oh, humidity is on average 35%.

xvart,
I think the "Hummers Giants" where started in the fall last year from pitcher cuttings.

jimscott,
It's not necessarily the camera. If you do not understand how the camera works it does not matter how much you spend on one. I have a $200.00 - $300.00 camera I bought for the wife and I'm very impressed with the pictures it takes. It's all in the settings.
I may have to play around and take pics with both cameras and see if people can figure out which camera was used to take what pics.......

I like that kitchen table Ceph, just because it's unconventional. What kind of light does it get there?

I want to get more into growing CPs in places that aren't expected.

Me too! That is awesome placement for a CP.

Really cool.

do they need humidity?
I was going to put one on my window since I can provide cool nights, I heard they can tolerate 100F days then and now if the nights are cool (like 60F)
should I get one or does anyone have an extra?

I've grown quite a few Cephs, and I can say from experience that they don't require high humidity to grow well. However, I can say that my plants tend to suffer when temperatures get into the 90s. They do best with days in the 80s and a nice temperature drop at night.

I like that kitchen table Ceph, just because it's unconventional. What kind of light does it get there?

I want to get more into growing CPs in places that aren't expected.

I was in a nursery and saw that pot. An 8" pot shaped like a coffee mug. I could not pass it up, and thought the kitchen table would be a great place for it.
The plant has been there for close to a year now. It gets indirect light. I would not even say that it is bright light. I grow African Violets, which do great in this location, and a D. schizandra on the table as well.

That's really cool Elgecko. Is that pot undrained?

I'm actually surprised to read that the Ceph gets non-bright indirect light, and that it actually grows in such a shady location. Would you say it grows slower than your terrarium-cultivated Cephs?

Back