What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant'

Update: 11/15/08

Still juvenile pitchers, but significantly more sizable than the previous ones.

CephHG1-111508.jpg

CephHG4-111508.jpg

xvart.

:0o: Wow, that was a great size jump! lol Can you please post a pic showing the entire pot, you made me loss my prespective!

Those look great! I think my HG is starting some new pitchers and possibly a non-carnivorous leaf as well. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

What kind of light are you using?

Can you please post a pic showing the entire pot, you made me loss my prespective!

Sure. I'll try and remember to do that tomorrow.

What kind of light are you using?

I have four T12s per shelf. The plant sits about eight inches below the lights.

xvart.

Update: 1/31/09

Most people don't take pictures of their plants when they are not looking so great. As I have shared in a couple other posts, I have not been watering my plants as often for optimal growth. This is certainly true for my Cephalotus as you will see. However desperate for water they may have been, they are still growing.

CephHG1-13109.jpg

CephHG3-13109.jpg

And my regular Cephalotus:
Ceph-13109.jpg

xvart.

I know what you mean Xvart. My plants look awful right now... so I'm not taking any pics.

They look worse than yours.

Xvart: I find the pictures of the plants while they're not doing so-well to be just as interesting. They provide a visual record of post-recovery (provided that the plant makes it). If it also recovers and you post pics of the event, it gives hope to those whose plants may have taken a turn for the worst.

It looks like you have a nep seedling in your pot. Do you have any idea what it is?

They look worse than yours.

lol. :nono:

Xvart: I find the pictures of the plants while they're not doing so-well to be just as interesting. They provide a visual record of post-recovery (provided that the plant makes it). If it also recovers and you post pics of the event, it gives hope to those whose plants may have taken a turn for the worst.

Thanks, Brokken. I agree with you. While certainly not as exciting as a huge pitcher, I find it interesting to watch the cycles of health and neglect, good and bad. It makes a nice little composition over time.

It looks like you have a nep seedling in your pot. Do you have any idea what it is?

It is a N. mirabilis. There are (or were - I'll have to check) three or four, but the one pictured is the biggest. I'm not sure if any of the smaller ones made it.

edit: you can see one of the dead seedlings in the first picture by the Cephalotus picture.

xvart.

Back