What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia flower scape or new pitcher?

this is my first time growing a darlingtonia, the one I have is the coastal variety and its got some new growth emerging. Can anyone identify if its going to flower and can darlingtonia be self pollinated?
DSCF2521.jpg

DSCF2523.jpg

it has never grown a leaf for me before or anything I got it late into dormancy when it was almost spring.
but it's starting to grow for me now :)
Thanks again to the grower who gave me it. :hug:
idk if he/she wishes to remain anonymous

I guess I will just have to wait.

Does anyone know???

I guess I will just have to wait.

Yes, you will. You need to learn some patience. Not everyone is online every minute of every day and you shouldn't be disappointed if you don't get an answer the second you post, even two hours. Patience, grasshopper.

xvart.

Yes, you will. You need to learn some patience. Not everyone is online every minute of every day and you shouldn't be disappointed if you don't get an answer the second you post, even two hours. Patience, grasshopper.

xvart.

I think its been 3 or 4
I do need to develop some patience hah you should see when I order plants I check the mail constantly even if the mailman has already came by that day.
once I checked the mail at like 3 and then usps track and confirm said the plant was delivered the same day at four something and I went and checked and it was there.
so now I check the mail several times daily if I am getting a plant and don't have a usps track and confirm code.

Doesn't look like a flower to me.

Do you always keep your Darlingtonia that wet?

I've killed several in the past with a too wet media..........Root rot set in...... :(

yeah! that seems a bit too wet to be comfortable. ???

I don't think it's a flower. The ones I've gotten tend to be whitish and buddish, and I don't see either of those qualities. Then again I just started growing Darlingtonia this year.

I think its been 3 or 4

Actually it was less than 2 hours. Your original post was at 6:47 PM and your second post was at 8:40 PM. Even if it had been 3 or 4 hours you need to relax. It can be seen as annoying when someone keeps posting on their own thread saying "nobody knows?" and "why has nobody answered? 56 people have viewed this thread."

xvart.

Having just seen a flower scape emerge from one this week all I see are pitchers in the photos here.

I've killed several in the past with a too wet media..........Root rot set in...... :(

the water is delivered to the tray at about the same rate it drains so it normally just has running water over it's roots. It's not normally that waterlogged but it had just finished hailing and raining.
it is in LFS bark and perlite all equal mixes.
and the soil is very oxygenated I bet becuase the water is delivered to the plant from a reservoir. everything is just fine :)

Actually it was less than 2 hours. Your original post was at 6:47 PM and your second post was at 8:40 PM. Even if it had been 3 or 4 hours you need to relax. It can be seen as annoying when someone keeps posting on their own thread saying "nobody knows?" and "why has nobody answered? 56 people have viewed this thread."

xvart.

well I like rarely browse subforums I normally just click new posts, and I posted that response to open the thread back up so it would appear when I hit the new post button as it dropped off the list.
sorry :sorry: just a little trick I use sometimes to speed things up it helps.

It looks like it's sitting in a pool of water with a light layer of sphag on top!

I don't think it's a flower. The ones I've gotten tend to be whitish and buddish, and I don't see either of those qualities. Then again I just started growing Darlingtonia this year.

It looks like it's sitting in a pool of water with a light layer of sphag on top!

the water is delivered to the tray at about the same rate it drains so it normally just has running water over it's roots. It's not normally that waterlogged but it had just finished hailing and raining.
it is in LFS bark and perlite all equal mixes.
and the soil is very oxygenated I bet becuase the water is delivered to the plant from a reservoir. everything is just fine :)

Maybe but read the second quote in this post.

Back