What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph Seedlings/Question For JMATT

Here is an update on my Ceph seedlings:

CephApril01.JPG

CephApril02.JPG

CephApril03.JPG

I was VERY pleasantly surprised that more had sprouted since the last time I checked!

JMATT - Would you transplant these to seed trays yet, or wait??

Thanks,

Bill

Those are too cute!

And they're trying to pitcher already too. Wonder what they expect to catch at that tiny size? ;)

Hey Bill!

Try one or two and see how they do. Don't be in too much of a hurry.
They look quite happy where they are, let them put on a little more size.
Was that your own seed?
JMatt

Thanks JMatt.

Yes that was my own seed that I collected last summer.

The original plant was a 1-leafer I got from John Phillip at the first NECPS meeting in 2003, and I had put a division of it into that large 17 inch bog planter. That's the one that flowered.

They're so cool! I see that you placed the chopped sphagnum in 'steps'. why is this?

do you grow these outdoor?

kath -

I'm not sure what you mean by 'steps'. It might be an illusion from the shadows cast on the container by the window.

upper -

These seedlings are still wayyyyy too young and tender to go outdoors here. While most of my Cephs stay inside growing in a tank under fluorescent lights, I do grow some of my larger Cephs outdoors during the spring, summer, and fall. I put them in a semi shady area.

Wow they are really cool how small and cute they are

Back