What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia's - too much water? (pics)

Here are my two Sarracenia's from Andy (flytrapshop.com). They're gorgeous and the larger one is in the process of making a new pitcher. The third one (the little purpurea) came from a death cube - a week ago that little guy had zero red veining. He's doing quite nicely now.

Anyway, it's raining obviously - you can see how deep the tray is; do I need to dump out some of the water or is it OK to let it be, and evaporate on its own? I assume it's okay, but it is a deep tray and I don't want to drown the purpurea.

Nah, it's not too wet at all.

none of my sarracenia have made pitchers yet and i'm start to get impatient xD

I notice in the pictures you buried the crowns on the sarrs? i'd leave the crowns unburied as it helps with minimize rotting and lets new sprouts grow with no without obstruction. i tend to leave the crown and top half of the rhyzome exposed and only the bottom half with the roots buried.

~b

I notice in the pictures you buried the crowns on the sarrs? i'd leave the crowns unburied as it helps with minimize rotting and lets new sprouts grow with no without obstruction. i tend to leave the crown and top half of the rhyzome exposed and only the bottom half with the roots buried.

~b

Fixed. Thanks :)

Back