What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alata disease?

• Thread starter CP30
  • Start date
  • Tags
    alata

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
I have not seen this before:
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Any ideas?

Are those seedpods from this year or hanging on from last year? Likewise for the pitchers? I am much further north, so my Sarrs are still just beginning to flower.

Oterhewise, I have overwintered leaves that sometimes look like that by Spring on varioud Sarrs. It that is this years growth, I would think it looks more likely to be damage due to frost, herbicide/pesticide drift, moving the plant to different conditions (i.e. more sunlight), rather than a disease. I would bet, under good conditions, it would grow out of it. However, keep us updated! -Chris

From my short experiance in CP's, I think I'd error on the side of safety and treat them with Daconil (active ingrediant Chlorothalonil) fungicide. You can find Chlorothalonil products at Home Depot or Lowes. Use at a mix of 1 tsp per quart of water. If it isn't a fungus, no harm done, but if it is, that should clear it up.

I agree with Chris --- looking closer at the photo, your new growth looks fine. I've trimmed my older dead - gross looking growth away to make way for the newer pitchers - allowing more light and air to penatrate. Keep us posted on how it turns out!

Back