What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...Ceph question

I used to have a very uncomplicated plant life. I never had any problems other than the squirrels. Now I have "white-out", aphids and mealy bugs. And an occasional scale. ???
LoL. This sounds like me (w/ a few differences on the particulars). I fight & conquer one nasty threat to my CPs - do a multi-month 'sigh', relax and then ..... bam. I get hit with something I've either never had or at least, not seen for years. Gotta stay vigilant ....

Based on the fairly regular periodicity & the devastation to my plants (& my psyche), I'm mulling the possibility of stopping incoming plant trades and just trading for seed or sterile flasks... I doubt that I'll actually get to this point but each time this occurs, it becomes more of a realistic option - especially as my collection has over 95% of the Sarrs I've ever wanted ....

I chipped all of it from an adult pitcher and then sprayed the pitcher front with neem oil and it hasn't been back. (knock wood)

Weird stuff. Like an infestation from an alien planet. ;)

Back