What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your tallest pitcher plant

Here's a picture of my Sar. oreophila. It's 30.5 inches, but still not completely open!
What's the tallest pitcher plant you've grown?
How about the tallest one you've seen in the wild?

DSCN2930.jpg

link isn't working!

Wow, that one Sarr is huge!

My tallest is my S. leuco for now.
It made a pitcher that isn't full opened yet that's about 1 foot 1, not counting the curve, when you do count the curve, it's 1 foot 3 1/2. It's 3 years old. I think my alata might make a bigger one in a few days, though.

My Dana's Delight has a 14-15ish inch pitcher. The plant was practically dead when I got it in December. The tallest pitcher on it was about 5-6 inches. I just got a couple of Hurricane Creek White leucos, but they are very young. I'm hoping by the end of the year before dormancy that they'll be producing some nice pitchers too. Most of the descriptions I've read say they are quite vigorous. Mine are grown indoors under bright CFLs.

Well, this is what you get once you start bragging. Now my personal record height is negative 4 inches!
sarraceniaoreophilacollapsed1.jpg

LOL! Hi matopsis - question, is that one of those pre-fabricated pond liner containers your plant is in? I'm looking around for some containers to do a little bog garden next year. That looks like a nice size :) BTW, great plants!!

My S. alata just took the lead by about an inch.

the tub that is in the photo was purchased at a farm supply store. I think people use it as a trough for feeding their horses. It's pretty heavy duty - my tupperware style tubs like the one on the left became brittle after a few seasons in the sun and started to crack.

Surely someone has some giants out there! anyone have a S.minor v. okefen. ? I've always wanted to know how big those get since my regular S.minor only get about 12 to 14 inches tall.

My S. alata got even bigger, opened and turned out to be a lot bigger than I expected. The lid is atleast twice or possibly three times the size of the lids of the previous pitchers.

Well, the tallest one ive grown was probably about 1 foot high, but a grower in north carolina's danas delight were over 40 inches!!!! Also, in the wild, i would have to say 6 feet

S. moorei x ? clone is 25"+ right now and I'm expecting taller. If so I'll post photos somewhere.

I have S. flava cuprea, leucophylla, alata red tube, and oreophila all with 18 inch pitchers. I don't seem to be able to get past this size.???

Also, in the wild, i would have to say 6 feet
Were these 6 foot pitchers you saw in the wild anywhere near a toxic waste dump?

My Leuco pitchers, if I had to guesstimate, are probobly around a foot tall. None of my Sarrs are very old, so I haven't gotten anything larger than that yet.

I'm speechless, I can't even describe how beautiful those Sarrs of yours are, Steven.

Back