What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fertilizing Darlingtonia (Pics!)

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I don't know if this would work, but could a darlingtonia be fertilized to encourage growth?

I know people fertilize VFTs and Sarrs...

Here are my cobras that want to improve:

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6770.jpg

By the way, these are the mountain form. :-D

Thanks in advance!

Oooh, I want a Darlingtonia so bad...I'm specifically trying to find the mountain variety, but all I can find it is about $40, plus, I'm going to buy more plants.

I dont fertilize my cobra seedlings and they seem to do fine. looks like you have an adequate set up, its really about keeping the roots cool. Darlingtonia grow slow even in prime conditions so just be patient

@ Capensis: I know! I really had to rush to get these before they ran out.

@ CPSam: Yeah, I believe these are about 4 years old from seed!

I guess I'll just try fertilizing when I see more new growth. I should keep a log here or something.. :-D

If anyone has suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

Are you sure those are 4 years old? They don't look any bigger than my yearlings. I know there's not much to judge scale by but these are on live Sphagnum. They just feed on springtails but they're getting big enough to handle flightless fruit flies.

07030006.jpg

My 'Othello' x ? yearlings are slightly bigger (no pics).

Yea, those definately look younger than 4 year olds. I have seen pictures specifically of 4 year old cobras for sale and they were a lot more mature and larger.

I've read that you can fertilize cobras with great results. If you don't want to risk it on all of them, try it on just one pot.

Good luck

Back