What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unreal heli price

just an observation concering the recent climbs in domestic cp prices, not any specific vendor or source

one of the major vendors currently has 5" H. heterodoxa x minors listed for $225.00 :crazy:

man.... what is happening to our hobby, cephflation is spreading LOLOLOLOL

unreal....
Av

(returns to applying feces to the pungee sticks LOL)

I did notice that one. I could be wrong, but their prices seem higher on the sarracenia this summer too. I don't doubt that the plants are spectacular but...ouch!

Yeah its gettin pretty bad. I guess if people are goin to pay that kind of money for these plants, the vendors are goin to keep raising the prices. Plus shipping....

Their prices seem to be higher than most on almost everything. Their Sarracenia, IMO, are way to pricey.

just an observation concering the recent climbs in domestic cp prices, not any specific vendor or source

one of the major vendors currently have 5" H. heterodoxa x minors listed for $225.00 :crazy:

man.... what is happening to our hobby, cephflation is spreading LOLOLOLOL

unreal....
Av

(returns to applying feces to the pungee sticks LOL)
I don't know which vender was charging that price for a common hybrid. I generally deal with Wistuba in Germany and receive far better prices -- even with the expensive Euro.
Simply deal with the Germans . . .

I saw this one vendor with their Helis at $75, not as bad, but still kind of high.

I saw this one vendor with their Helis at $75, not as bad, but still kind of high.

Like I mentioned earlier, simply shop overseas. A few friends and I got together and order shome Heliamphora from Wistuba last year ad they are thriving. There is no minimum order and he has an agent in the US to "Smooth" things from a USDA standpoint. Here is a partial list of what is available (some rare species are indeed on the steep side but not the hybrids) and, no, I do not work for "Jerry" . . .

H. chimantensis (Chimanta, Venezuela) (chim)

20,00 EUR

H. chimantensis (Chimanta, Venezuela) (two plants) (chim2)

35,00 EUR

H. elongata (Ilu Tepui) (spilu)

20,00 EUR

H. exappendiculata (Amuri Tepui) (exam)

100,00 EUR

H. exappendiculata (Apacapa Tepui) (exapa)

120,00 EUR

H. exappendiculata (Chimanta Tepui) (exachim)

80,00 EUR

H. folliculata (Aparaman Tepui, Venezuela) (fola)

40,00 EUR

H. folliculata (Kamakaiwaran Tepui, Venezuela) (folk)

40,00 EUR

H. folliculata (Murosipan Tepui, Venezuela) (folm)

40,00 EUR

H. glabra (S. Do Sol, Guyana) (glab)

60,00 EUR

H. heterodoxa (Gran Sabana) (het)

15,00 EUR

H. heterodoxa (Ptari Tepui) (hetpt)

15,00 EUR

H. hispida (Cerro Neblina, Venezuela) (his)

15,00 EUR

H. hispida (Two plants of different clones) (his_2)

28,00 EUR

H. ionasii (Ilu Tepui, Venezuela) (ion)

20,00 EUR

H. ionasii (Two different clones) (ion2)

45,00 EUR

H. minor (Auyan Tepui, Venezuela) (min)

12,00 EUR

H. neblinae (3 different clones) (neb3)

55,00 EUR

H. neblinae (Cerro Neblina, Braz. Ven.) (neb)

20,00 EUR

H. neblinae (Red clone, Cerro Neblina) (nebr)

20,00 EUR

H. nutans (Giant Form) (nutg)

20,00 EUR

H. nutans (Kukenam Tepui) (nutk)

10,00 EUR

H. nutans (Tramen) (nutt)

20,00 EUR

H. nutans (Yuruani Tepui) (yur)

30,00 EUR

H. pulchella (Akopan Tepui, Venezuela) (pulchako)

20,00 EUR

H. pulchella (Amuri Tepui, Venezuela) (pulcham)

40,00 EUR

H. pulchella (Chimanta Tepui, Venezuela) (pulchim)

18,00 EUR

H. sarracenioides (hsarr)

60,00 EUR

H. spec. nov. "A" (spa)

60,00 EUR

H. spec. nov. "B" (spb)

60,00 EUR

H. tatei var. tatei (Cerro Duida) (tatd)

30,00 EUR

H. tatei var. tatei (Cerro Huachamachari) (tath)

30,00 EUR

H. tatei var. tatei (Cerro Maharuaka) (tatm)

25,00 EUR

Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii (hj)

10,00 EUR

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor (hm)

15,00 EUR

Heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans (hn)

15,00 EUR

Heliamphora nutans (Tramen) x ionasii (spj)

15,00 EUR

Heliamphora tatei var. neblinae x hispida (Cerro N (nebxhis)

I agree entirely. In fact, I count myself lucky, because I live in NZ, and even though plants are even more expensive over here normally, I know someone who literally has thousands of plants, and this person knows someone else who literally has thousands of plants and so on... somehow I managed to get myself acquainted with one of my countries largest CP dealers.
As a result, I managed to get a nearly adult ceph for 22$NZ, and even got sent a free, surplus baby ceph. I also have a reserved, all red darlingtonia seedling of 3 years waiting for me, for only 36$, and even have the option of getting a heli for only 30-40$!!!

As I said, I count myself lucky, because the prices for plants seem to be steadily rising!

I wonder why that is? It doesn't seem like the plants should be running out, I mean, technically there should be more plants each year, due to the ease of reproducing them in cultivation versus the wild, yet they seem to be getting rarer? What's going on there?

I agree entirely. In fact, I count myself lucky, because I live in NZ, and even though plants are even more expensive over here normally, I know someone who literally has thousands of plants, and this person knows someone else who literally has thousands of plants and so on... somehow I managed to get myself acquainted with one of my countries largest CP dealers.
As a result, I managed to get a nearly adult ceph for 22$NZ, and even got sent a free, surplus baby ceph. I also have a reserved, all red darlingtonia seedling of 3 years waiting for me, for only 36$, and even have the option of getting a heli for only 30-40$!!!

As I said, I count myself lucky, because the prices for plants seem to be steadily rising!

I wonder why that is? It doesn't seem like the plants should be running out, I mean, technically there should be more plants each year, due to the ease of reproducing them in cultivation versus the wild, yet they seem to be getting rarer? What's going on there?

I think that part of the rising cost simply has to do with the unbelievable expense in maintaining greenhouses -- especially hothouses in this day in age. The thought that tissue culturing would radically decrease cost in the long run has largely fallen by the wayside. There is still a good amount of mortality involved (even today) and many species are terribly slow to mature from TC. One dealer I know in CA lost an entire batch of Heliamphora in TC from the Czech Republic. It would seem that many of the more popular species will still be reproduced throgh division, etc . . .

Back