What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

maggots in my sarrs

• Thread starter Timmah73
  • Start date
So this is a gross little issue I hadn't seen yet. Apparently one of the many flys one of my plants caught was expecting when it fell in. I came home today and gave my plants a once over just checking to see if everything was ok. I saw some weird bumps on the inside of one of the Sarrs and deciced to take a closer look. What I saw was a really gross sight of a bunch of little maggots attempting to climb up out of the plant.

Since they slither for lack of a better term, it looks like they are going to get out. I was wondering if they pose any threat to the plants. Or if the only threat is that its really really gross. lol

It's good news for the plant! Flies lay eggs in pitcher, maggots hatch, plant gets to eat fly AND maggots.

It's not pleasant, but leave them be.

I had this happen in one of my Oreophilas, definitely not pretty.... But they didnt eat their way out or anything.

Back