What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Sarracenia minor 'okefenokeensis giant' seeds stratified: April 27th 2008
Sowed: May 27th 2008
I then today checked the seeds [they moved out of a very bright morning windowsill to a shaded window all day for about 3 days] and I had a lot of germination. They seemed a tad etiolated so I put them in a very bright directly sunny windowsill and took the plastic humidity bag off [it had been torn open a lot so they will probably acclimate, might be a little rough at first though] and misted them a lot from overhead and put them in the sun. Hopefully they'll do okay! :D

img0012vb8.jpg

I look forward to my first baby pitchers! Any tips? :)

Congrats! Um, I guess you can skip dormancy for the first 2-3 years of their lives.

Congrats! Um, I guess you can skip dormancy for the first 2-3 years of their lives.

I'm probably gonna keep 'em in that little dish there for about a year, and, since it gets a bit cold in that windowsill in Winter [down to about 45F at night] they'll probably go dormant, along with the loss of light. That's fine, it's how nature intended! :D

Back