What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics from the Okefenokee Swamp!

While we were on vacation to Florida, we took a small detour to the Okefenokee Swamp since I am not sure when we will be near it again. It is a very interesting, quiet, almost scary place since we know that alligators and snakes are lurking about! I did get to see lots of Sarracenia while we were there and wanted to share the pics.

S. Minor
DSCN1771.jpg

S. Minor
DSCN1770.jpg

S. Minor
DSCN1769.jpg

S. Minor
DSCN1781.jpg

S. Psittacina
DSCN1773.jpg

S. Minor Okee Giant
DSCN1785.jpg

S. Minor Okee Giant
DSCN1791.jpg

S. Minor Okee Giant
DSCN1787.jpg

S. Minor Okee Giant
DSCN1791.jpg

My guess is S. Minor x (Psitt x Minor)
DSCN1780.jpg

My guess is S. (Psitt x Minor) x Minor)
DSCN1779.jpg

Another view of the one above
DSCN1774.jpg

S. Minor x Psitt
DSCN1772.jpg

S. Psitt x Minor
DSCN1777.jpg

P. Lutea
DSCN1776.jpg

Murky Water!
DSCN1782.jpg

More Murky Water!
DSCN1783.jpg

MORE!
DSCN1784.jpg

MORE!
DSCN1793.jpg

I'd be so happy to see those guys in the wild. The S minors are among my favorite. Thanks for the shots

very cool! i always thought that all S. minors in the okeefenokee swamp were okee giants. thanks for telling me otherwise!

Nice.

I working on a trip that will get me there in 2009.

Glad you guys like them. We only got to see a teeny tiny part of the 480,000 acres inside the swamp!! Elgecko, please share your pics when you go!

That must've been fun being there. Those hybrids are amazing! Yay, murky water!

Awesome photos Wes!!! That is just awesome!! A multitude of minors! WOW!

Awesome pictures. How exactly does one differentiate between the okee giants and the typicals?

You can't tell so much in the pics but when you see them in person there is quite a bit of difference in the size. The Okee giants can even be as mush as 1 foot or more taller! The typical Minors were about 8-12" tall and we saw Okee giants that were up past my knees and I am 6' tall.

I will be there next Saturday!! I went last year, but saw very few sarrs..maybe more luck this year - I hope.
I will try to take pics, but with 2 little ones LOOKING for snakes and gators I may be otherwise occupied.

Awesome pictures! What a trip.

xvart.

Back