What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It has been way too long since I posted pictures of my plants. So while I was working on my house project yesterday, I decided to take a few breaks to take some pictures.

Here is an over-view of the Sarracenia that I have.
colection-1.jpg

A close-up of some of the plants.
collection2.jpg

My S. leucophylla "Hot Pink" I purchased from Botanique many years ago.
hotpink1.jpg

hotpink2.jpg

S. rubra ssp. jonesii
jonesi1.jpg

jonesi2.jpg

S. leucophylla I picked up in 2000.
leuco2000.jpg

S. leucophylla ‘Tarnok’
tarnok.jpg

S. flava var. maxima
maxima1.jpg

maxima2.jpg

maxima3.jpg

S. oreophila var. heavy veined
O3pic1.jpg

O3pic2.jpg

My big S. purpurea ssp. venosa that I let get over grown.
pv11.jpg

pv12.jpg

S. flava var. rubricorpora
redandgreen.jpg

S. flava var. rugelii
rugeli.jpg

S. flava "Copper Blush" South Santee River Pine Barrens Chalreston County, S.C.
SS1pic2.jpg

SS1pic1.jpg

S. flava All Red #1 South Santee River Pine Barrens
SS2pic3.jpg

SS2pic1.jpg

SS2pic2.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. Montana
I haven't seen this plant so red until this year.
montana1.jpg

montana2.jpg

montana3.jpg

Enjoy!

I really love that copper blush flava! Looks like you grow Sarrs quite well!

Thanks for the pics.

Thanks Jeff! I try to grow them to the best of my ability, however, they have been a bit neglected the past couple of years with a house remodel and kids. Both the South Santee plants are fine looking plants with good color.

Wow, those Sarrs are just amazing! Does S. lecuophylla 'hot pink' stay like that or only when it's about to open and after it's been open?

The S. leucophylla "Hot Pink" stays pink through out the life of the pitcher. It is really a cool looking plant. The picture I took doesn't do it justice, with some years the plant just looks cool!

Welcome back! :wave: You've got a great selection of plants - they don't look neglected. Really love your oreo & montana - both have fantastic veining & colors.

Excellent collection. They certainly don't look neglected. Thanks for sharing!

xvart.

Thanks for the compliments, but what the pictures don't show are the weeds that have infested some pots and other pots that are bursting at the seems because plants need to be divided. But yes, over-all, they are well cared for. On that note, I should probably go water them. :banana2:

Nice plants. It's strange to see them flowering this late in the season though.

We had an awefull spring this year, so everything was pushed back until late June and the beginning of July.

AMAZING plants!! great photos brisco!! Love that flava all red with the nice shading to it!!

Very Nice Plants, what are your conditions?:}

70-80 degree days on average, 50's at night, 50%-80% humidity (50-60% on average)
These stats are probably good starting mid June to now.

I envy you your S. leucophylla "Hot Pink". I also had some that I ordered from Botanique about 5/6 years ago. A couple winters later they got froze and were kaput! I tried getting more from Botanique the next couple years and they were always "Sold Out". Then they quit selling on-line entirely a few years ago. Treasure yours. They are very hard to replace now. Great looking plants Brisco.

They look superific!

WOW that's about all I can say.

AWESOME collection!

Back