What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph pics

not sure why one bunch is so red and the other isnt.....must be two different clones?

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

fantastic. I plan on increasing the light levels to see if my ceph can get back the red color. Right now its bright green with red levels at diff places.

wow- that's pretty awesome man! great growing :D were they two plants before? or is one a division/off shoot?

the red ones are out of TC from one of the giveawas here about a year or so ago.....the green one ive had for prolly 30 months(not sure where i got it), i thought i had killed it shortly before the giveaway so i grabbed on to those plants when i saw them and well....the green one came back from the roots a short time later........

sweet ceph man

You need a third clone that's a different color to fill in that empty spot!

How old are the Cephs?

Btw, how can you tell how old a Ceph is? I just recieved one last week, and the whole plant is about an inch across. Any idea how old it is?

How old are the Cephs?

Btw, how can you tell how old a Ceph is? I just recieved one last week, and the whole plant is about an inch across. Any idea how old it is?

If that plant is about an inch across, it is probably around a year or so old. Those that I've started either from seed or a leaf-cutting usually reach that size within that time . . .

The good news is that they really speed up once they get older. If yours hasn't done it yet, it'll throw out an adult pitcher soon. And look very disproportionate lol.

Rattler, is the green ceph the one I traded to you awhile ago?

actually yeah its prolly the one i got from you.......

Ahmad, after they are an inch or so across they grow pretty fast.....mine seem to double in size every 3 months or so.....should completely cover the pot by December....

whats funny is that a few cephs I have that are out of the same TC tub have different color characteristics, yet growing right next to each other.

Back