What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone order a ceph from Wistuba?

I really cant find any cephs here for a reasonable price so has anyone ordered from Wistuba? They say shipping is a risk that's on you so is it a good idea?

I've actually wondered the same thing, so thanks for finally posting for me haha

I really cant find any cephs here for a reasonable price so has anyone ordered from Wistuba? They say shipping is a risk that's on you so is it a good idea?

I have ordered from Wistuba in the past and everything has been fine. Ironically enough, though, I may be the reason that the warning about shipping Cephalotus appears in the first place. There was a bad shipment in 2004 but everything has been fine since then -- and I am expecting materials this month. The "Giant" Cephalotus that I received last year are thriving . . .

Good to know, maybe not. That could be bad for the bank account. My cephs just turned real bad real quick. Thay went all brown and I have no clue why. One bright spot is there seems to be a little green poking out some hopfully it's not dead.

scary stuff JM, post some pics? maybe someone can help diagnose the dilemma?

Good to know, maybe not. That could be bad for the bank account. My cephs just turned real bad real quick. Thay went all brown and I have no clue why. One bright spot is there seems to be a little green poking out some hopfully it's not dead.

Wistuba now has a distributor in the US which smoothes and expedites things a great deal with US Customs --and overnight shipping always helps. One method I've used in the past, involved a bunch of friends placing an combined order; that way, even with the Euro and shipping, it was a better deal than most nursuries in the US . . .

I am anticipating a shipment late this month and I have no worries about their condition . . .

Back