What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should i or should i not?

upper

Capensis Killer
should i or should i not trim the dying back pitcher that's bending over causing the whole plant to tilt sideway off the sphagnum.

i come home everyday getting this urges to trim the dying pitcher(not yet dead but almost) the lid is turning crispy,the midsection is turning brown from the middle, its bending over to the side.

Trim it.

Your plant probably doesn't depend on the small amount of energy produced by the photosynthesis of that leaf - unless the plant's in really really bad condition.

should i or should i not trim the dying back pitcher that's bending over causing the whole plant to tilt sideway off the sphagnum.

i come home everyday getting this urges to trim the dying pitcher(not yet dead but almost) the lid is turning crispy,the midsection is turning brown from the middle, its bending over to the side.

Cuuuut itttttt . . .

thanks, i'll cut it right away.

Cut it, in my experiance, cutting away dead/dying pitchers encourages new growth.

thankyou everyone. i just trimmed off all the dying pitcher.

Back