What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cephalotus

elsantaclause

A windowsill grower
Hey guys, I just picked up another Cephalotus yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. Its about the size of a quarter a little bigger.

Here are some pics:

P8130042.jpg

P8130043.jpg

P8130044.jpg

P8130045.jpg

I have a smaller ceph that is all green but this one is a lighter color. How long do you guys think it will take for it to mature and start to color up?

Here's my smaller ceph

P8100032.jpg

Nice find! I'm not sure how long, but that one pitcher looks like it's close to being a mature one, on your other ceph.

Thanks Capensis, do you mean the first one or the second all green one?

I am so jealous. I really want to get one of those. They both look very nice. Congrats.

Thanks I can't wait for it to mature though.

P.S. Does anyone know why the new ceph I got is a lighter color then the smaller ceph I have?

When I first got my Cephs they had the same yellowish tinge to them like yours does. The plants were tissue cultured plants hardened off in the greenhouse and came from a reputable grower so I know the stock was healthy. Once the plants acclimatised to my conditions all new growth is now green. Just give them some time and I'm sure they'll come around.

As to why they grow "yellowish" I don't know. As long as your Ceph is growing and not exhibiting any negative aspects I would just give it time and let it adjust to your conditions.

Back