What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about reintroduction?

Something ive really been thinking about for the last few months is the literature of S. oreophila in Tennessee and how its is now possibly extinct from the state. Does anyone know of anyone currently doing a reintroduction of them into the wild or would this even be legal to do? I would like to one day be able to do this but I wanted to see what the legality of this would be? Thanks for any help.

I've never heard of anyone doing reintroduction it'd be alot of work since they'll have to make sure the S. oreophila is pure etc.

I guess eventually if things go extinct there's allways a chance to try repopulate the area..

There's some disagreement about whether oreophila was actually ever present in TN.

Reintroduction is a noble idea, but it's probably best to concentrate on preserving and expanding current populations. A couple of those sites have 1 - 6 individuals.

Back