What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus appreciation thread

12-26-2008-cephalotussmall.jpg

This is the smaller of my two Cephalotus as seen growing in a 2.5" pot.

My cephalotus is putting up some non-carnivorous leaves. I'll take some pics early January.

Nice plant! I am still going crazy but only 3 of the baby pitchers died off. Now I guess I just wait (and water) until it starts to grow.

01300016.jpg

01300017.jpg

01300015.jpg

Twins separated at birth:
01300018.jpg

01300025.jpg

I think the soil is too wet for my Cephalotus. One of the non-carnivorous leaves just rotted off.

The entire plant is only 1/4 of an inch in diameter. I'm worried the plant will rot away.

One of the growth points died during winter break because of it being waterlogged, but it quickly replaced it with a division, which is working on two pitchers.
SN853354.jpg

I'm currently in the market for a new Cephalotus, and I plan to grow it correctly this time (a more airy soil, less watering, more light, etc).

Will a mix of one part peat and two parts perlite in a 5 inch pot be okay for a 1 inch plant? Also, I'm most likely going to have to transplant the new plant into this new pot.

Back