What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Rudd question

I understand that there is some question about the authenticity of S Daniel Rudd. What is the situation surrounding them? The one that I ordered this spring looks suspiciously like a leuco the next pot over with slightly less brilliant white. What is the real plant supposed to look like? Did I order a fake from a vendor that was either under the impression that he had the real deal or was possibly Cooking up a scheme?

I posted on this before not sure if the thread is still active though

The plant you have sounds like the BOGUS one. A CP nursery in Australia "remade" the same cross and then called it DR (which we all know is not how it works...)

If I can get some pics up for you of my BOGUS I will do so. I do not have any pics of my real deal ATM but it is an all together different plant. I'll see about scanning Slack's image in again...

Here we go.

These are pics of the BOGUS plant

When I first received it:

TriffidParkBOGUSDanielRudd0423071.jpg

TriffidParkBOGUSDanielRudd0423072.jpg

And this year:

BOGUSRudd0519081.jpg

The genuine 'Daniel Rudd' has probably been lost.

It wasn't anything special though in my opinion anyway.

I have what is purported to be the real one. It is still small but so far seems to be along to type.

Back