What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost plant

we had a big wind storm sunday and i had my Sarracenia outside and the tree in the front yard fell on it and we just now got the tree off the plant is a lost. sad day my first Sarracenia gone.:-(

wow... what were the odds of that happening

bummer man

i know right i had just bring in my two neps and as i was in house house it fell on it

Aww, that sucks...Sorry to hear that :(

hey, be thankful you werent under that tree! you couldve been out there about to take them inside! sorry to hear of your loss though, and hope the plants you did save make do well!

If the rhizome and roots are relatively undamaged then if I were the Sarracenia (like Mark Twain) would say: "rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

I was going to say the same thing, thank goodness you weren't outside when the tree fell! Sorry to hear about your plant :(

Sarracenias are tuberous plants. Even if the leaves are damaged/destroyed, you should be able to salvage the underground portion of the plant. As a matter-of-fact, trauma to the rhizome encourages new growth points.

Good luck!

Back