What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helli flower/pitcher

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
While it is common to see these, Ive not seen many where the pitcher is so normal in size and form.

notice the diameter of the stem

pitcherflower.jpg

Av

Congrat Av, just cut my old one off my H. minor. What Species is that?

hetero x minor, everything is trying to bloom here as well... i just snipped both tequilas, two minors and my other
hetero x minor clone

minor.jpg

you can still see the stub in this pic
Av

While it is common to see these, Ive not seen many where the pitcher is so normal in size and form.

notice the diameter of the stem

Av

I too have had pitchers occur on flower stalks but none so "normal looking" as that one you have there. Usually they are distorted and strangely-coloured in my experience . . .

Are you going to let it develop?

Bella,

probably not, I would like too but with it being an indoor grow rack... room becomes an issue.

Av

Looks great Butch!:) Love the helis. How do you get it so red???

Thanks cape :)

Poly, Im sure it is a combination of factors of which my lighting is a major component.

Bella, I clipped her and another tequila tonight... just for fun I stuck the stems in a pot, lets see if they root

Av

I got dibs if they root! LOL Awesome plants Butch!

Amazing, Av. That's the first time I've seen one where the pitcher is so fully and correctly developed. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Est, and if you notice the stem is much thicker then normal as well... I snipped it and stuck it in some LFS, interested in seeing if it roots

Av

good luck B. Keep me posted if it roots. ;) lol! THough JB already called it. ;)

Thanks Est, and if you notice the stem is much thicker then normal as well... I snipped it and stuck it in some LFS, interested in seeing if it roots

Ah, I hadn't noticed that the stem was thicker. I've only been graced with a flower from a Heli once last year (hoping I'll be as lucky again this year) so I don't have the trained eye yet. ;) Looks like the plant is confused between making a pitcher, making a flower, and making a "runner."

Look forward to hearing about the cutting. :)

Back