What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo log of a Cephalotus pitcher

Cindy

Staff member
The species is so hard to come by that I took the effort to photograph a developing pitcher over a month. The plant is at my balcony receiving bright shade.

Do follow this thread to see how it eventually turns out. :)

Period: 3 Sept - 19 Sept
ceph_collage.jpg

Period: 16 Sept - 1 Oct
ceph_collage1.jpg

i will a look at this i all was wanted one but i do not know if i could care for on right

cool. All that's missing is a pic of the fully opened pitcher! Great set of pics, thanks for taking the time to post them. Its interesting how they emerge almost like a drosera leaf or something. They're not like nep pitchers, which extend, turn upright, then blow up; they kind of furl out.
Let me attempt to translate the above post...
"I will look at this. I always wanted one, but I don't know if I could care for one right."
Is that what you meant to say? :) Sorry if I seem rude, it was just a bit cryptic.

very nice cindy... and it kinda feels like im looking at an Andy Warhol exhibit ;)

hehehe, If Andy Warhol had cephs
2hqysgl.jpg

Av

Last edited:
Very cool :). I'm doing something similar, but ventricosa and it'll be a video :p

i will a look at this i all was wanted one but i do not know if i could care for on right

Translation?

Nice series Cindy. Kind of a pseudo-time lapse.

Man, those pitchers seem to be growing faster than mine.

very nice, i cant wait to see more pics of em :3

Great photos cindy!! Thanks for posting that! Awesome!!

Hmmm...the pitcher ain't growing very much lately.

4 Oct
ceph_pitcher.jpg

7 Oct
ceph_pitcher2.jpg

4 Oct
ceph_pitcher1.jpg

7 Oct
ceph_pitcher3.jpg

Cindy, VERY COOL! I'm sure it took a fair bit to patience and dedication to stick with it and get everything lined up so nicely. Very well done.

Back