What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God bless Trader Joe's!

Maxx

Someday is not a day of the week.
Hey everybody. Thanks to a text message from obregon562, I hurried over to my local Trader Joe's market and scored these two awesome sarras-for 9$ each! Im pretty sure the first one is purpureaXflava but the second one im not sure about. I know this could fall under the identity category but I mostly just wanted to share these plants. But anyway the second one is like the first but it has a more minor-ish hood and is more squat and has faint areoloes (or however you spell it).

Any ideas on the second one?

EDIT:And the cool part was that they weren't in death cubes

Trader_Joe_Plants_003.jpg

Trader_Joe_Plants_004.jpg

sweet, i'll have to run over to mine tomorrow

Very nice Sarracenias I can't give any positive ID, but the first one might be purpureaXflava and the second one does have a bit of minor-ish hood maybe it's Purple pitcher X Minor I dunno just a wild guess could be something else though eitherway nice pitchers can't wait to see an update on them as they grow. ???

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it's caetsbai or something

You'll have no chance of IDing them.

Just label them both 'purpurea hybrid'.

Nice plant! Is this taking place in the LA area?

Yes its in LA county-more specifically in Long Beach

I went today, got these 3 pots of what appear to be 'judith hindle's

Yeah, the judiths were the only other ones. I woulda got one, but with high schooler budget and all.

haha, i know what you mean. don't get your hopes up, sophomore college budget isn't much more appealing...

Hey, small update. I finally got around to potting up both plants. Both are in pure LFS.

I was looking for something to do, so I painted up one of my ceramic pots as you can see.

Trader_Joe_Plants-UD_001.jpg

It's supposed to stand for "Max.C" Rather eccentric looking.
Trader_Joe_Plants-UD_002.jpg

Oh and I wanted to share Trader Joe's marketing tool as well. Apparently they put a plastic pot inside a prettier metal pot.
Trader_Joe_Plants-UD_003.jpg

It isnt trader joes that just does that, ive bought plants from alot of places like that XD it is a nice bonus though

I left my sarras in the same green pots they came in, looks just like pure peat.

Yep. Apon digging through that stuff I confirm your suspicion. I think almost all "grocery store" type CPs are in pure peat.

Yes, pure peat seems to be their potting media, or atleast pure peat with a small portion of LFS.

Back