What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am feeling "light headed..." (photos)

Isn’t it crazy how time flies?

With autumn here it’s really gotten me (and my plants) “light headed”!
Hope you enjoy these few photos of some of my plants!!

note: Just wanted to drop in special thank you to all of you who have inspired me in this obsession of growing CP - you know who y'all are!!

A very white S. leucophylla – Hurricane Creek White
2932863623_1602e75438.jpg

A ghostly S. leucophylla – Schnell’s Ghost
2932863449_9c1316fd65.jpg

S. leucophylla x (leucophylla x purpurea)

2933719006_ee7d084d29.jpg

S. leucophylla x rubra ssp. jonesii - antho free
2933719232_49596fa5db.jpg

S. rubra ssp. gulfensis x rubra ssp. jonesii - antho free

2933719376_14a8d52a6a.jpg

Nice lid of an S. moorei

2933719530_60b4666bc7.jpg

the floppy hood of a particular and peculiar S. mitchelliana x leucophylla

2932863265_0b5f6f1097.jpg

S. umlaftiana

2933720274_2846889ae3.jpg

S. “Red and White Flop Top”

2933720718_e10754578b.jpg

Another angle, just for fun.
S. “Red and White Flop Top”

2933720604_852d0830bd.jpg

I have this one S. leucophylla that really surprised me this year: It has some really nice lips on it! Sent as a seedling to me a few years ago, and this year finally reached maturity. A few photos of my leuco …

2932865297_9ff48500db.jpg

2932864459_216cf0e5fc.jpg

2932864669_2c5586765e.jpg

the leuco with its future lunch…
2932865031_e0d4be70cb.jpg

I really am in love this S. moorei - I don’t know why, but to me its almost borderline pastel with nice veins running all over the hood. A very cool "washed out" look to it.

2933722082_b0262b9b6b.jpg

2932865917_138bd711f6.jpg

Very very very nice! Really enjoyed that! Thanks for taking the time to share :)
Andrew

spectacular. I LOVE that hurricane creek white. :D

Beautiful stuff, absolutely incredible plants! I like the mitchellia x leuco and the umlaftiana a lot.

Stunning pictures once again. Your plants look very clean. Are they kept in an enclosed area ? Alot of mine are now way paste looking their best and am in the process of giving them the chop.

Thank you for sharing !

Amazing.. The back of the hood moorei shout is awesome! Great growing!

Nice! Almost everything has that great leucophylla influence! Nice nice nice!

That first Leuco is BEAUTIFUL! I want one like that <33

Leuco's are my favorite Sarracenia, and your Hurricane Creek is now my favorite of all! That is stunning!

Very very nice Rob! Thanks for sharing some pictures with us. I especially like the S. umlaftiana and S. “Red and White Flop Top" and Hurricane Creek White...if I keep going I'm going to name them all lol.

Crystal

Excellent plants! I particularly like the anthocyanin free ones and those with some purpurea influence.

That very first one is simply AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing!

Incredibly impressive!

*Gargle gargle gargle* :drool: INCREDIBLE!!!

Amazing plants! I love the Hurricane Creek White. I have to agree that they do look so clean. I think I might just have to grab myself a leucophylla next spring now. They're beautiful plants.

Wow nice Sarracenias I can't decide which I like the best they're good looking.

LOL! We MUST do a trade someday!

Thank you everyone!!! :-O

I really appreciate your kind comments! :-O

The plants are greenhouse grown - I usually would not grow them in a greenhouse, but my conditions kind of dictate otherwise. I live on a mountain that can be subject to very high winds. The views of the valley below and the mountains here are spectacular, however, with the mountains across from us - it creates a wind tunnel effect.

I used to grow them outdoors at my old place, but when I moved a couple of years ago... oh boy. When I first moved here, the plants would always topple over. Needless to say, it was very very irritating. VERY irritating. No matter how much I put supports on the plants, tied them together, the winds always got the best of them. Sooooooo -- I got a greenhouse and they reside in there. I leave the vents open and have a screen door on the greenhouse as well (to keep the stinkin' raccoons out) This keeps the air circulation going, and the temps to fluctuate with the season. It is shielded enough from the winds - and it keeps the raccoons out. I have found paw prints all around the greenhouse though - but the critters still can't get in! YEAH! Bugs will still get in through the vents -- so, @ Joel - yes, the plants are grown in a protected area (that's why they look so clean) Being that the plants are in such close quarters (kinda crowded but always room for "just one more" - eh Crystal, LOL!) -- I am always cleaning them by removing the dead pitchers and such and trimming away any dead foliage. It does take time, but its worth it.

Thanks again everyone! :-D
-Rob

Stunning!

Congratulations on growing some beautiful plants and also having the skill & patience to represent their beauty in well-composed photographs. :hail:

Once again.....Awesome photos!! I will probably look at them occasionally all winter!

Those are beautiful plants and pictures! I love the white ones as well! Well done!!!

Back