What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cephs

DrWurm

Californian in DC
So just got these things today as a product of a slightly delayed NASC auction. They were more impressive than I was expecting. The pots look ever so slightly small, should I transplant them now or wait until spring? I have them outside under shade cloth, some of the older looking pitchers look a bit wilty and some of the lids have closed up. Is this just normal acclimation syndrome?

i heard that if the lid is closing, it means its getting low humidity, dont know if its true or not.

They look great :). Usually, when the lids close, it's humidity, but in this case, I have no idea.

Looking good! Have fun with them!

So just got these things today as a product of a slightly delayed NASC auction. They were more impressive than I was expecting. The pots look ever so slightly small, should I transplant them now or wait until spring?
In general, I like to repot new arrivals so I can get a look at their roots & assess their condition as well as the status of the mix. By repotting, I also get them into a mix with which I'm familiar.

I have them outside under shade cloth, some of the older looking pitchers look a bit wilty and some of the lids have closed up. Is this just normal acclimation syndrome?

Looks like a few pitchers are toast (6 & 2 o'clock). In general, nothing to worry about after a shock of some sort.

I can't see any, but if you find any "winter leaves", it would be a good idea to pull mature ones and start them in live LFS as backups and tradebait.

Here's a few of them:

C_follicularis.jpg

Back