What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new Heliamphora minor, couple of?'s

I got my first heli. It's planted in live lfs gets 75f during the day and 60-65 at night. No extra humidity, floro lights 15hrs a day, and top watered 2x a day, not sitting in any water. Am I doing everything right for this plant? Will it do ok with humidity 20-75%? I have no experience with Heli's. Thanks.

Pics

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

Helis like alot of humidity, and are similar to ultrahighland nepenthes, however, Minor is probably one of the more forgiving species, but still require alot of light.

At the lower humidity, you might get some crispy leaf tips. I grow my H. minor (and all other Helis) with all my other CPs without any real issues. Besides the occasional brown tip as the humidity drops once in a while, they seem to do well. The live LFS seems to help keeping local humidity up, but the sphagnum tips will get a bit crusty and brown if you don't flush the pots regularly.

Then again, I grow all my Helis in undrained pots, which everyone recommends against, so what do I know haha

gald to see you got the heli in good condition. it has 1 semi mature picticher on it and i haven seen it make another.

Back